Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, March 26, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Inked Acetate



Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday. When I saw this technique I just had to try it! It is so pretty. This technique is perfect for butterfly and flower stamps.


Supplies:
  1. acetate sheet
  2. 3-4 colors of alcohol inks
  3. Jet Black Staz On ink pad
  4. applicator for inks with felt pad
Stamp images on acetate using Staz On ink being careful not to move the stamp on the acetate, because the ink will smear and not leave a clean image.


This is very important! Make sure you turn over the images and apply the alcohol inks on the back side. If not the ink will smear. Drop the lighter color ink on an edge of the applicator and pounce it over areas of the butterflies. Then add another color to another side of the applicator and pounce it over other areas. Keep doing this with your colors until all the butterflies are completely colored. I did not use any blending solution when applying my colors because I wanted the colors to be bright.




The ink dries very quickly. When all the butterflies are inked, cut them out  and use a heat gun to curl the wings a bit.  Be careful not to burn yourself.  I used a plier like tool to hold mine and don't over heat. If you don't like how the wings are shaping you can heat from the other side to bend it back in a different direction.


I hope you enjoyed the technique today. I had so much fun with this. I hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by.

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Butterflies and saying from the Fancy Butterflies set 437
  2. Waterscape Glitter  G1108
  3. Jet Black Staz On ink

6 comments:

Brenda said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Soooooo ELEGANT, April! Love the technique. It will soon be posted to the SNS T&T. You've reinspired me to make a white on white card. Thanks for always giving me such a feast for the eyes and sharing new tips!

Sue said...

April, wonderful butterflies, and they looks to beautiful on the white...just lovely!

Hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

What a pretty card April....love all the techniques you are sharing:)

Lana Clarke said...

OMG April this card is just the prettiest ever! xxxx

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I love white on white and the textures are beautiful. Fabulous butterflies for a pop of color.

Blog Archive