Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, April 30, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Glazed Pot



Wow! It is Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle already! This week really flew by. I was making a flowerpot card last week and I wanted the pot to look glazed. This isn't really a new technique but a little twist on an old one.




Supplies:
  1. Ultra Thick clear embossing powder
  2. Blue, brown, and pink Brilliance ink pads
  3. embossing folder
  4. heat gun
  5. cream cardstock
  6. Versa Mark ink pad
  7. sponges
Fold cardstock and cut both sides of the cardstock to make a pot shape.  Pat the Versa mark ink pad all over the front of the pot and sprinkle on the Ultra Thick embossing powder. Heat with heat gun. I added UT four times to make it thick enough to press in the embossing folder.



Heat up the flowerpot one last time and quickly press an opened embossing folder into the hot UT. I had to press the embossing folder twice, doing one side of the pot, then heating the other side and pressing the embossing folder on that side to get an even press.



When this is dry -- it dries quickly -- sponge on the Brilliance inks starting with the lightest color first. Brilliance inks work well  on the UT because they do not rub off the slick surface. They also add some sparkle.  I used a border punch to add a rim to the pot, embossed it with UT and pop dotted it to the top of the pot.


Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you have fun trying this technique. Have a great day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Versa Mark ink pad
  2. Waterscape glitter
  3. Ruffled Tulips

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks just like a clay pot and the flowers are so-o-o-o-o dimensional!!! Great job!

E. Marie said...

Another great technique!! Love the card and how you did the flowers.

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Great job! Olena

Shirley said...

How totally lovely, April! I really like your tulips and how you did the pot too! Had to trip on over there for a peek. TFS your project! What a keeper!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is amazing ... it looks sooooo realistic! I'm floored!

Blog Archive