Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunshine on a Stem

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good week. I want to share a card I made with the new release stamp set for this month from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Sunflower 643. I just love this pretty stamp set. I stamped the sunflower using Black embossing powder 170. I bleached out the image using bleach in a water pen. I love to see what colors lie underneath the paper and this turned out perfect for a sunflower! I used copics to color in the leaves but the flower petals were left as they were after I bleached them. I added Midnight Gold glitter G1080 to the center of the flower. 

 
I cut out the butterflies from green card stock using the Kensington Border Memory Box die. I then added Sparkle embossing powder EP107 on them.  

 
I used the Spellbinders Fancy Tags die for my sentiment. The sentiment was stamped and embossed with Black embossing powder.  



Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!


7 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the brick embossed background and you've captured the sheen of the black embossing powder so well!! (What's your secret?) :-)

Donna Ellis said...

what a lovely, peaceful, BEAUTIFUL card, Miss April! The colors look particularly pretty in their softness. Great technique and so wonderfully shaded and colored! xo

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this card - incorporating one of my favorite techniques - coloring on top of bleached colored cardstock! Love what the bleach did to the cardstock.

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card, April. I have never tried the bleach technique but it sure looks pretty. It must be ama\ing to see the colours unveiled!

Will be over on the other blog come Fall. Just too busy now to play there too! lol

Mayras Designs said...

This is very beautiful April!!! I love the design !!!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Your painting and bleaching of the sunflower is a work of art!! I really like the die cut you used for it and the butterflies too! The DP brick wall is perfect to show it all off!

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful! I haven't used bleach in ages....mine never looked this good!

Blog Archive