Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ombre

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am happy you stopped by today. I want to show you a card I made using the ombre technique. This was new to me but easy to do. Ombre means graduated color. I sponged darker blue to lighter blue colors on glossy card stock starting with the darker color at the top. I used an old stamp I had from Our Daily Bread to stamp over the colors. I used a newly purchased die from Spellbinders called Vintage Flourish Pattern for my music notes. I faux stitched around the die and the card.





Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fantastic day!


Challenges entered:

Dies R Us:  Stitching
Frilly And Funkie:  Sing Sing Sing
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Ombre

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is lovely! Great Ombre effect and I do like the stamp and stitching!

Darlene said...

Fantastic! Love the color/design! Well done!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘STITCHING’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful! Such a fantastic card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful stamp and gorgeous ombre! Love how you put the musical note on a die cut of it's own. So pretty! Thanks for sharing in our Stitching Challenge at Dies R Us!

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous card April. Love the ombre effect, and this image is perfect for it.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful Ombre card, love the added details.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card, April!! Your added flowers against the blue background with the stamped bird and verse is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

SewPaperPaint said...

How very lovely! Oh this is just charming!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This ombre background is simply wonderful! Your stamped text pops against all those beautiful blues, too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us in our Enjoy your Embossing Challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

Blog Archive