Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bits and Bobs #1

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you had a Happy New Year! I am starting off this new year with a new ongoing project on my blog. It is called Bits and Bobs! Have you ever heard of this term? While I was on a tour in Europe we had a delightful British tour guide who used this term quite a bit and I loved hearing her say it. The term "bits and bobs" in the UK means the same as bits and pieces here in the US. A bit was a 3 cent coin and a bob was a shilling worth 8 1/2 cents.

Like so many of us I have sooooo many scraps, stamped images, die cuts and bits and bobs that I need to whittle down and use! So it is my goal this year to use a lot of stuff I have in my stash already! So every first and third Thursday of each month I plan to make a card using stuff in my stash. One of the challenges I am entering is called Get Creative so lets get creative with our scraps! I would love to see you here and I hope I can inspire you to use some of your bits and bobs too!

This is my first bits and bobs card. I made this background awhile back using a stencil and my pump spray machine. I found this cute little bear in my image pile and thought he would go well with the background. I do not know the stamp company for this bear. I used an xacto knife to cut one of the trees and added the bear behind it. I also used a cuttlebug tag die I had cut a long time ago and stamped the saying from Hero Arts. Olaf White glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle was added to the trees.





You can see the glitter better here in this close up.





Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy New Year! I hope 2017 will be full of  fun creativity for you.


I would like to enter these challenges! 


Crafty Creations:  Anything Goes
Get Creative:  Anything Goes

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use exacto knife to cut the tree so the bear can go behind it. happy New Year, April!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute April! Love the little bear image. He looks great walking through the glittery woods!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is such a beautiful card and I like the sweet little bear. What a good idea for a blog series!

Conniecrafter said...

great way to use your bits and bobs :) like the bear tucked behind the trees!

scrappymo! said...

This is a great bits and bobs card. I like the idea of slicing the tree to insert the bear...brilliant idea!

Darlene said...

So cute and very creative! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE your creation, April! Don't you love the British idioms - it's always fun to hear the "sayings" in other English Speaking Countries. My favorite part of your card is the darling-ness of your bear! Very sweet!

now for my other hat:

Thank you for playing at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. We love seeing your paper crafting projects, and are so happy you have joined us! Please check back next month to see if you have won a prize or badge!
crafty hugs,
de
P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Creative Smiles}

Kathy Krug said...

Great way to use your bit and bobs. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Dies R Us. We hope you will share more of your work in future challenges.

Kathy
DRU DT A

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Love it! The background colors are gorgeous, and I love the bit of Olaf White glitter on the trees. So pretty! Sliding the bear behind the tree is wonderful too. What a beautiful card April! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge. - Chris, SNS DT

Deepti Aggarwal said...

OMG!!! Lovely card...love the colors and what a great way to slide your bear behind the tress..Awesome..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

Lynda said...

Stunning background and I love the bear. Thankyou so much for joining us at Get Creative for our ATG challenge, I hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

Blog Archive