Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

S is for Soot Stamping

I am back again with another card for my alphabet series and the letter is S. I used a technique called soot stamping on this card. I found that you have to be very careful because you are using an open flame to do this! First I sponged some colors on a piece of white card stock. Next I moved the card around over top of a candle flame. You begin to get some black areas over the sponged card, but you will also see some of the colors coming through. I took a butterfly stamp, and without using any ink, I randomly stamped over the whole card, wiping off the soot that got on the stamp between each time I stamped. The stamp was lifting off the soot and leaving the print of the butterfly. This makes a lovely ghost effect. Afterwards the card will need to be sealed with some kind of spray so that the soot does not not come off. I just used hairspray.


Stamp:  Butterfly - Rubber Stampede
Distress Inks:  Ranger
Dies:  Wildflowers #2 - Sizzix

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Add Some Texture

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is pretty impressive, you can see the stamping so well and love your flowers with it and pretty bow to top it off!

Blog Archive