Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Brayer technique


I just love this background. It is so easy, but looks great. I am always reminded of a dear lady in our local stamp club that passed away a few years ago, when I use this technique. She taught it to our club. I also had to use my new stamp of the palms by Stampendous. This is how you do the brayered background.

Brayer over a multicolored stamp pad and ink the brayer well. Use 2 colors of Marvy Metallic markers and dab a few spots of the markers right on the inked brayer. Now spritz the brayer with water and brayer on white glossy card stock. You can brayer several times with the same brayer and you will get lighter and lighter backgrounds. They will all look great. This background looks great with scenic stamping.

2 comments:

Bonnie McLain said...

I LOVE this card... so bright and pretty and vivacious in all ways ... I know you wish you and Al were there now... right??? Well this is pretty enough to have a day dream over.. love it April...

Annette said...

You artwork is awesome April. Congratulations on you Blog. It looks great.
Annette (aka - Ceramics/Club Posh)

Blog Archive