Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, March 24, 2014

Christmas in March

Hi Everyone! I want to show you a Christmas card I made with one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's new release stamp sets - A Winter Cardinal 518. March has been so up and down weather wise that at times it has felt like Christmas!  I used Glistening Emeralds Sparkle N Soft SS102 on the pine needles and Brown Fizz embossing powder EP381 on the frame. Gold embossing powder EP169 was used on the saying. I wanted to add a more distressed look, so I pounced a scrungy sponge tool on a Versa Mark ink pad, then pounced that on the circle, added the gold embossing powder and heat set.




On the silk poinsettia I used White Liquid Applique and added Sparkling Snow glitter G1003 to it.




The pine cones were made by using deco scissors, cutting around in a circle and then rolling up the circle. I also added White Applique and Sparkling Snow glitter the them. To see full instructions on how to make this card please click here.




Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your day is great!

April


Challenges entered:

613 Avenue -- Anything Goes/Bird
Christmas Card Challenge -- Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge -- Anything Christmas
Emergency Crafters -- Flowers

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

this is one of my favorite cards, April. Love your use of rich, warm, earth tones, and the beautiful layers so nostalgic of Christmas Time. Lots of details and fussy cutting! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

How pretty April. Love the cones that you made, so creative. Also like the circle background - really nice touch.

My Creative Therapy said...

April this is just perfect for our Birds of a Feather optional twist this week! Love the snow accents and all of the layers! Good for you working on your Christmas cards now! :) Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

Eret said...

April, I love every little detail on your gorgeous card. The colors are wonderful and all the embossing and glitter are so beautiful.
Hugs,
Eret

scrappymo! said...

This is stunning. All that pouncing paid off...I love the look of it!

Shirley said...

Gad, you really make me know I need to get started on my Christmas cards! Yours is lovely. I like how you gave all of it a sparkly distressed look too! Very pretty!

Rocky said...

Love the sparkle on the pine needles. Thank you for joining us at CHNC.

Mayras Designs said...

This is gorgeous April !!! Your whole design is perfect as are the embellishments and colors !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Blog Archive