Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Joy

Hi Everyone! My Christmas season has started off with a bang. How about yours? I have had many Christmas activities stacked up one after the other. I am enjoying it and I hope you are enjoying this joyful season as well. Here a tag I made I call joy. I started by cutting burlap into the shape of the tag, adhering double sided sticky paper to the tag and then sticking the burlap onto it. I used Tim Holtz's sweater stencil and sprayed the burlap with Fired Brick Distress spray.







I stamped Tim Holtz's tree from the Just Believe stamp set, fussy cut it and pop dotted it to the tag. I added a deer svg die and a burlap poinsettia. I made the pine cones by cutting circles with my deco scissors and rolling them up. To finish the tag I added Stickles Diamond glitter on the tree, antlers  and pine cones.






Thanks so much for stopping by. have a wonderful and blessed day!


Challenges entered:

Frilly & Funkie:  'Tis the Season
Shabby tea Room:  O Christmas Tree








9 comments:

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas tag! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.
Amelia (DT TSTR)

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Fantastic tag, April, and even more fantastic technique! Hope your week is extra happy! Hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Totally cute! Loving the burlap!

scrappymo! said...

Love this tag...love the burlpa, the deer, the stencil...yep, love everything,

It has a lovely country, sort of earthy feel!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love this tag!! I love that you used burlap and the flowers in the corner are perfect! This would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful tag and great idea!

Pamellia said...

April, what a wonderful tag!! Love the burlap base and that dainty burlap poinsettia!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Tis the Season' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Jenny Marples said...

What a fantastic take on Tim's tag! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely festive tag :) Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

Blog Archive