Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, April 1, 2016

Have a Very Mice Day!

Happy April Fool's Day! I hope you won't get fooled too much today. I want to share a card I made using acetate. I always love to see cards made with acetate but I have not made many myself. I enjoyed very much making this card! Here is the card when it is closed.






I embossed the acetate using a Sizzix frame embossing folder. I stamped the mouse image onto white card stock and cut him out using the Gina Marie stitched circle die. The mouse was colored using Spectrum Noir markers. I added Sparkle translucent embossing powder ( courtesy of Sparkle N Sprinkle ) on the pink flower. The lace corners are from Cheery Lynn and the butterflies are from Tim Holtz's Butterfly Frenzy die.



Here is the card slightly opened so that you can see the acetate front better.




This is the inside of the card. I used light teal card stock and placed a sea grass stencil from Tattered Angels over it and sprayed Dragonfly Glimmer Mist over it. The saying I had was long, but I needed to fit it on the circle, so I inked the saying half way and stamped it on top and then inked the stamped on the other half of the saying and stamped it underneath.




Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a very MICE day! LOL!


Challenges entered:

Cheery Lynn:  Back to Nature
House Mouse and Friends:  Stencils
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  We Can See Clearly
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes


14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like your acetate card, the embossing really works. I like how you decorated the inside of the front panel too, so many great details :)

Sue said...

April what a fabulous Acetate card using a stencil too. Wonderful oolors, image, design and details. Love acetate cards and your is really special.

Thanks for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, and joining the fun.

Hugs
Sue

Barbara said...

gorgeous acetate card! Love your embossing on acetate! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Conniecrafter said...

That is so cute, I haven't made an acetate card in ages and I don't think I have ever embossed it, your little mouse is just so cute!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! Love that acetate layer. It really gives it the look of water. Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs,
Snoopy ​♥

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card April! So sweet and such a wonderful design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Challenge and special blog hop
hugs Kate x

Juliz Design Post said...

You can't help but smile at the little House Mouse when you see them, a great card and so cute. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Diane said...

Oh wow how fab April !! Love the use of acetate !! Thanks so much for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends challenge blog hop !!

hugs Diane xx

Bonnie Garby said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Jenny Alia said...

Adorable! Love the corners and sparkle. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn "Back to Nature" Challenge and good luck in the draw.

Sue said...

Hi April, if you go to my Monday post, you will see that you're name was randomly drawn to win the little house mouse in a mug stamp. email me with your complete name and address as it should appear on the mailing label and I will get it right out to you. If you already have this stamp, I have some others that are for prizes.
Hugs
Sue

America said...

WOW- GORGEOUS card with the stenciling, bright colors, acetate and coloring. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HMFMC's special combined Blog-Hop with Stampendous! Good Luck! :)

Eret said...

Your acetate card is awesome! Love how you embossed the acetate. Your coloring of this adorable image is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
Eret x

Blog Archive