Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Joy Faith Hope

Hi and welcome to my blog! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I want to show you a tag I made following a few of Tim Holtz's techniques. You can see them by clicking here. For the tree I used an embossing folder, brayered flesh colored acrylic ink over the raised areas, and applied Tim Holtz Walnut stain over the top. I wiped off the excess stain and the paint acted as a resist. I tore around the knot in the tree and added it to the tag.




I used one of the butterfly dies from Tim Holtz's Butterfly Duo dies. I did not have the grout so I used some white matte embossing paste on the butterfly. I then glued on the paper mosaic pieces and used Diamond Glaze over them so that they would look like tiles. I then sponged Gathered Twigs Distress ink in the "grout" spaces. Here is a close up of the butterfly.




Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!


Challenges entered:

Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Butterfly Beauty
Tim Holtz:  Tags of 2016 - April




3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely mosaic technique, Miss April! Beautiful colors, and a wonderful tag! hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, so many techniques on this card. The butterfly really does look like glass tiles to me. Very cool!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty April! Love your mosaic butterfly.

Blog Archive