Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Handmade Background #17

Hi and welcome to my blog! I am sharing another handmade background with you today. This is one of my favorite ways to make a background using my gelli plate. I dropped a few alcohol ink colors on my gelli plate and used a brayer to blend the colors and to cover the plate. I immediately placed my stencil over the colors, pressed the stencil a bit with my hand and lifted it off. Next I brayered a light coat of cream acrylic paint over the gelli plate and then pulled the print.


Stamp:  Bear Silhouette - Stampablilities
Die:  Stitched Circle - Gina Marie
Alcohol Inks - Ranger
Saying - Computer Generated

I stamped the bear by using the rock-n-roll technique. I stamped the bear with brown ink and then rocked the stamp around the edges on a mahogany ink pad.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Challenges entered:





7 comments:

Bunny said...

This is a lovely background and a nice birthday card. [Bunny]

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the background, April and the cool edging on the bear. Very creative card.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool way to do the background it turned out so neat, you got a lot of texture and like the stamping of the bear too, fun sentiment you came up with for it :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

great background lovely card April
Gr Karin

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Excellent background. Lovely design. Hope to "see" you next week!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous background, April! It's perfect for any age or gender. Your techniques, and combinations of techniques, always inspire me! hugs, de

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I LOVE your gel plate bg. Must pull mine out. Your bear is perfect with this background. April, your such an inspiration.

Blog Archive