Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Stained Glass Window

Hi and welcome to my blog! I have another card to show you using dies. I crumpled aluminum foil, flattened it out and glued it behind the "window" die. I then colored in the areas using alcohol markers to give a stained glass effect. Afterwards I took off the "window" die and placed another one over the top of the colored areas because the first one gets color on the white areas. I used a new Christmas tree die and cut it out of teal shimmery paper.


Dies:  Forest Trees set - Echo Park
           Alterations Collection - Sizzix
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Aluminum Foil
Saying: Sticker - Paper Crafts

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Challenges entered:

Double Trouble:  Die - cember
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Use Dies



6 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

April, what a super clever way to create your stain glass window so it looks like there is light shining through it! I'll definitely remember this technique!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Troubler for our "Die-cember" challenge!!! -Donna

Linby said...

Wow! What a great effect with the AI and tinfoil, I need to try that too. Unfortunately you are not eligible to enter at Stamping Sensations as I can see no stamping on your card. We would love you to enter again with a card with stamping.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great idea to use the tinfoil and adding the bright colors does look like stain glass window and great texture in the tree. So pretty. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble. Happy Holiday Seasons!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that did give it a wonderful stained glass look for sure, the pretty sparkle tree is so pretty with it!

Melanie R said...

So colorful and festive! This is a favorite technique of mine but I forget about it. Thank you for reminding me and thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #155. - Melanie R.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

April, This is a wonderful card. I love the glass effect. It just pops off the screen.

Blog Archive