Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Alphabet Soup - B is for bokeh

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am going through the alphabet this year and using a craft item or doing a card technique that starts with a letter of the alphabet. Today is the letter B and I have used the bokeh technique on this card. Instead of using circles like normal, I used flowers for the technique. If you are not familiar with what the bokeh technique is, here is a link

I sponged on several colors of Oxide inks and then used a flower stencil and sponged through the stencil using white pigment ink. 


I trimmed this background and here is the card I made with it.



Stamps:  Scribbly Small Birds stamp set - Ranger
                Saying - Bird Day - Penny Black
                Heart Balloon - Unknown
Oxide Inks - Ranger
White Pigment Ink:  Unicorn - Hero Arts
Frame - hand drawn

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes 2403
Stencil Fun:  Feed The Birds


3 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful background and awesome overall design! Well done! Love the birdie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the flowers instead of the circles and the bird is just too cute, like the heart balloon!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Such a clever idea to use flowers for your bokeh technique! The finished card is so sweet! I love the border around the background and the heart balloon. The way the bird is colored is just perfect.

Blog Archive