Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Alphabet Soup - A is for alcohol inks

Hi and welcome to my blog. Each new year I start a series on my blog to keep me inspired throughout the year. I decided this year to go through the alphabet and use a craft item or do a card technique that starts with a letter of the alphabet. Of course today I am starting with the letter A and I have used alcohol inks to make a background. I love doing techniques with alcohol inks. This time I swiped a piece of glossy card stock through 2 colors of alcohol inks. I then spritzed a stencil with 91% alcohol and laid the stencil over the swiped background and let it sit a little bit. When I carefully removed the stencil, the alcohol removed some of the color from the background and left its impression. I stamped directly onto the background using a permanent brown ink and used alcohol markers to color in a few areas.


Stamps:  Boatyard - Art Impressions
                Saying - Special Seahorse Stamp Set - Acushla Stamps
Stencil -  Crafters Workshop
Alcohol Inks - Ranger
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers

Thanks so much fo stopping by today. I hope you have a great day and a Happy New Year!

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes 2401
Stamping Sensations:  Anything Goes
We Love Stamping:  Anything Goes + A Stamp

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun technique. My jaw just dropped open.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, your scene is delightful. Such great technique to begin the year, so effective and inspiring. A fabulous way to enhance the boat, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Terri Winske said...

Such great inspiration for all of us with the alphabet idea! Can't wait to see what you create each week!!! Your alcohol ink background turned out spectacular - beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at PIP Challenges!!

creationsnz said...

Oh wow April, this is FABULOUS!! CarolG

brenda said...

A short C&P comment as I'm unable to type/craft much with MS flare up, but wanted you to know I've seen your WLS entry and thank you for sharing with us.

B x

Linby said...

This is a fabulous design, love your stencil as to me it looks like fishing net. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Mrs A. said...

Wow April, this is fabulous. I had to read several times before I fully understood all the work and techniques gone into it. Stamping in the brown ink was the finishing touch for me. Wishing you A Happy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful technique, and a fabulous result. I love your card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

pg slot said...

member pg slot game vip เว็บไซต์ตรงจากบริษัทแม่ไม่ผ่านผู้ใดกันแน่ลงทะเบียน PG SLOT ได้แล้ววันนี้มีปริมาณสมาชิกผู้เล่นใหม่จำนวนหลายชิ้นเลือกที่จะใช้บริการเกมกับทางเว็บของพวกเรา

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Beautiful stamp. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Gorgeous card April! Your alphabet theme will really get you using all of your supplies and techniques. You are an inspiration!

Blog Archive