Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Take Flight

Hi and welcome to my blog. Happy New Year! I want to show you a card I made using a new to me technique that I discovered recently and a new inside fold.



On the front of this card I started by scribbling around the leafy stencil using watercolor crayons. I then spritzed the stencil with water, turned the stencil over on the colored side and placed it on watercolor paper. I patted the stencil a little and let it stay on the paper a few seconds and then lifted off the stencil. This left a pretty watercolored background. 

Next I stamped and colored one of my favorite stamps from the BoBunny Butterfly Kisses stamp set. It was fussy cut and added over the background.

Here is the picture of the inside of the card where I used a strip of card stock to make folds so that the stamped images would pop up. These butterflies are a Stampabilities stamp. I have been using these butterflies a lot lately on my cards. It seems I use birds and butterflies a lot!


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a beautiful day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Something New
Stamping Sensations:   Favorite Stamps




10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh, I do love this pretty stencil techinique! What pretty colors too with the green and blue-purple. The W Fold pop up looks fantastic inside. I like how you inked the edges to make those little images pop!

Bunny said...

Lovely card inside and out. I don't think I've seen this fold before. I may have to give it a whirl. [Bunny]

KarinsArtScrap said...

April this is gorgeous
Gr Karin

brenda said...

A beautiful Butterfly creation and such an interesting fold, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Viv said...

Stencil monoprinting is one of my fave techniques!It leaves such an artsy effect.
The butterfly is a lovely addition to your fab background and thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Donna Ellis said...

April! I love love love this stencil technique! THANK YOU for showcasing it and explaining it! Isn't it just gorgeous? Before you applied the colored side of the stencil to the watercolor paper, did you also spritz the water color paper, or just the stencil. It's really lovely and I want to do it. The stencil is beautiful, too! I am in love with this card, inside and out! Wishing you a great week-end! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a gem! What a gorgeous stenciled background - definitely need to give that a go! The inside is so pretty too! Awesome card inside and out!

Conniecrafter said...

so good to see one of your cards using this technique, love the results, just beautiful, such a pretty surprise for the inside!

Dora said...

Beautiful background and inside. Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

creationsnz said...

A beautiful card April, I love how you did the watercolours and it's great to have inspiration for using wc crayons. Thanks, CarolG

Blog Archive