Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Handmade Background #5

Welcome back to my background series. It is March and we think of this month as being the windy month. So I thought I would use these balloons on my card by BoBunny.



Now to the background.  I put a piece of wax paper on top of a piece of glossy card stock and ran it through an embossing folder. The wax from the paper transferred to the card stock and acted as a resist. When I sponged on Distress inks the pattern from the embossing folder showed up!

This is such a neat way to make some fun backgrouds.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes 2010

6 comments:

Bunny said...

The background is beautiful. I love those colors. I wonder what it would be like to ride in a balloon?
[Bunny]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Fantastic background and I love the balloon stamps! I’m not sure I have stamped directly over a wax paper resist. I guess i was thinking it wouldn’t stamp well. But yours looks great!

April said...

Heidi, I used my stamp potioner and that helped a lot with the stamping. I had to stamp it several times.

I rode in a hot air balloon many years ago for about 2 hours in the Fall. It was a wonderful and peaceful adventure. I hope you all can experience it sometime!

Conniecrafter said...

That looks like a great technique, will have to give that one a try :) Very windy here too!

Tracie said...

Thanks for sharing your technique. I can't wait to try it. It made a beautiful background. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fabulous background - perfect for the hot air balloons. I have to try this technique!! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Blog Archive