Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Handmade Background #10

Hi! I hope you are having a good day. Here is another card using a background in my stash that I made awhile back.



I made the background starting with navy card stock and laying a flower stencil on it. I then patted my Versa Mark ink pad over the stencil. Keeping the stencil in place, I then brushed on white Powdered Pearls over the whole stencil. When the stencil was removed it left this shimmery design. The Versa Mark ink helped to keep the powder stay put. I like the misty look of this technique.

I found this bird by Royal King in my image stash. I added lace and a bow for interest.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Challenges entered:

Let's Craft and Create:  Ribbons, Lace, Twine #159

5 comments:

Bunny said...

Gorgeous card. I love the bird. The lace looks beautiful on this. [Bunny]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a neat background and the color of the lace shows up nicely too. The bird is cute!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is gorgeous, you did a fabulous job with this! love the matching of the colors in the bird and lovely lace to finish it off!

Shona Erlenborn said...

The lace really does make your little bird pop, April! Such a pretty background too.

creationsnz said...

You made a super background April, and your little bird is so pretty. CarolG

Blog Archive