Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Handmade Background #16

Welcome back to to my background series! I had a fun surprise when making this card.


Stamps:  Bird and Saying - Stampendous
                   

The background was made by dabbing glue with a cottonball on a piece of white card stock, leaving some open areas. When the glue dried I sponged on green, blue and gray inks. This is the surprise I got. I used a tree stencil that came with the bird set and started sponging a darker green ink throught the stencil. Because of the glue acting as a resist it made the tree look like birch bark! I then outlined the stencil with a fine point pen so that it would stand out better. The bird was colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and fussy cut.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

The Creative Crafters:  Anything Goes #31
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #454 - #455


9 comments:

btarayao said...

How adorable is that little bird! Love your card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is wonderful! I love your super cute birdie and the background is fun and different. That is a cool tree stencil and I like your technique!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What an amazing background April! The birch looks great .... as does your little bird!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is fantastic, love the effect and great stencil, love the colors and coloring of the sweet bird!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card April
Gr Karin

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a darling card. The tree looks awesome, and that's one cute bird.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi April!
This is SO sweet. I just LOVE the yellow bow tied around your card. It looks like the bow is on the bird's back, which I just adore. The yellow is a great pop of color for this sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I hope you'll play along with us again soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspotcom

Sue said...

April, this card is so pretty. Love the sweet little bird.

Hugs
Sue

Mia said...

Wow, April! Never heard of this technique. I knew the vaseline resist technique, but glue technique? I am speechless! Thank you so much for the inspiration, my friend. You made a gorgeous card! Kisses!

Blog Archive