Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Handmade Background #19

 Fall is my favorite time of year! I love the colors and scents of Fall. I only wish Fall would last a lot longer! 


My focal point on this card today started out as a background. The technique I used was soot stamping. This technique is fun and easy to do, but be careful not to burn yourself or the card stock! Take glossy card stock and sponge some colors over it. Turn the glossy side to the flame of a candle and slowly wave it over the flame, turning the card stock around to get the whole surface covered with soot. You might want to use tweezers or a clothespin to hold the card as you do this. After the card is covered with black soot, then stamp a stamp onto the soot and some of the soot will come off to reveal the image. You will have to set the finished card with spray sealer so that the rest of the soot does not rub off. I just use hairspray! It smells better too!

I cut out a portion of the background using a stitched rectangle die to use as the focal point of my card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

It looks beautiful, April! You are always so adept with a host of techniques, and I quite marvel at the lovely creativity you come up with each time. This is fantastic! hugs, de

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful April
Gr Karin

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous result April! Love the autumnal colors of this! Fall is also my favorite season and I agree - it never lasts long enough!!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool technique, like your ribbon and twine combo too!
I agree Fall should last so much longer!

Blog Archive