Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, April 30, 2021

Gelli Print Card

 Hi and welcome to my blog! I always love using my gelli prints on my cards. They make neat backgrounds. I saw a neat gelli plate technique and tried it for this card. 


Stamp:  Bird Crazy - Tim Holtz
Saying - Our Daily Bread Designs
Stencil:  Daisies - Delta Creative
Crayons 
Acrylic Paint

First I placed a flower stencil over my card stock and colored in the areas using crayons. Next I brayered blue acrylic paint onto my gelli plate, pressed the crayon colored card stock onto the gelli plate and pulled it off. I let the paint dry - doesn't take long - and then I used the side of a metal palette knife to scrape off the paint that was over the crayon colors. The crayon acts like a resist and the paint scrapes off easily.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes # 489-490


2 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings April, fun background design and cute bird.

Hugs Diane

Conniecrafter said...

such a neat technique and it made a terrific background for your bird :)

Blog Archive