Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So Salty

I have been working with another technique today. This is a background using sea salt. Here are supplies you will need.

1. table salt or sea salt -- I used sea salt in a table grinder
2. glossy card stock
3. brayer
4. water spritzer
5. multi-colored ink pads -- I used Big and Juicy pads


Brayer your card stock using a multi-colored ink pad. Spritz the card stock with water and sprinkle salt all over the card stock. Spritz one more time over the salt. When the piece is dry rub off the salt. You will have a neat background. I found that the darker the colors of ink, the better the background shows up. My first picture is of some backgrounds that I did with this technique and the second is a card I made using one of backgrounds. I hope you will try this fun technique!

No comments:

Blog Archive