Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day and Technique Tuesday



Happy Valentine's Day and welcome to another Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle! Today I am showing how to do blue block stamping. This is an old technique, but I always love the effect of it.


Supplies:
  1. blue foam block or 2 layers of fun foam ( acrylic block )
  2. embossing folder
  3. pigment or die ink pad
  4. heat gun
Take the blue foam block and heat it with your heat gun for a few seconds, then immediately press it on your opened embossing folder. I used a swirl folder from Sizzix. You see a patterned side to the block here, but on the other side it is smooth and that is the side you heat and press onto the embossing folder.  When you want a new design, just reheat the smooth side of the block and the design goes away and you can press it on a different folder for a new design!


This is what it looks like after you have pressed it on the embossing folder.


Now ink up the blue block with ink. I used an aqua pigment ink, but die ink works also. Then stamp the inked blue block onto your card stock.


You can also use 2 layers of fun foam if you do not have a blue block. Blue blocks can be hard to find now.  I used double sided tape to tape the 2 pieces together and then taped them on my acrylic block. Then you use  these layers the same way as I did on the blue block.


Here is the result when stamping with the fun foam layers.  I used a darker blue dye based ink on this.


Now you can use this as a background. I cut my piece smaller and used it as a background behind this sweet little Sparkle N Sprinkle girl! I hope you have fun with this one! Enjoy your day!
Sparkle N Sprinkle Products:
  1. Gathering Flowers stamp
  2. I Just Love You saying
  3. Bubble Gum glitter
April

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card for that special little Valentine in your life!

Inger Marie said...

Så beautiful card, i love the image and it is so sweet in pink:) Thank you for your commen in my blog:) Hugs from Inger Marie

Have you seen my giveaway? You find it her;
http://inger-marie-kortdesign.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway.html

Blog Archive