Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 8, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Alcohol Ink Blot

Hi Everyone! It is time for Technique Tuesday once again at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  We are certainly having Fall weather here this week.  I decided to make a Fall card with this technique.  I hope you will enjoy doing this.


Supplies needed:
  1. 2-3 colors of alcohol inks  -- I used a green, gold and brown
  2. blending solution or 91% alcohol -- I used the alcohol
  3. white glossy card stock
  4. spritzer bottle
  5. blending tool
  6. permanent ink -- black or brown -- I used a dark brown
Apply several dots of each color of alcohol inks onto the blending tool and then spritz the 91% alcohol onto the blending tool.  Tap the blending tool all over the glossy card stock. You might need to spritz a little more alcohol on the tool as you go and also add a little more of the ink. Keep tapping until the card is covered with color.




Now take your spritzer bottle of alcohol and spritz the alcohol in the middle of the card in about a quarter size.  Let the alcohol spread. As it spreads the alcohol pushes some of the color away from the center , bleaches out the color and makes a neat frame!


Now you can stamp an image in the frame using permanent ink.


Here is another sample making several small frames with the alcohol.


Here is another sample using other colors.


Thank you for stopping by.  Enjoy playing! Have a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Swirly Oak 3278-410G
  2. Leaf Swirl 3287-410B
  3. Celestial Glitter G1031
  4. Swirly Maple Leaf 3281-410A
  5. Swirly Oak Leaf 3280-410A
  6. Second Spring 3281-410A

5 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, April, looks as though I'm peering through a tunnel of leaves! I can hardly wait to see how you did this car. Thank you for sharing the technique!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the brown shades.

Cammy404 said...

Beautiful, April!!!! I love this style and will need to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

E. Marie said...

Great choice of alcohol ink colors. Your background looks so pretty and goes so great with the tree image.

Doris's Card Boutique said...

I love working with alcohol inks. Your card is beautiful and gave me a new inspiration. Your pick of colors are great. TFS

Blog Archive