Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, May 27, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- "Painting With Glitter"


Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful and safe Memorial Day holiday! I am back with another technique at Sparkle N Sprinkle that I call "Painting With Glitter." I was trying to achieve a blended look with the glitters by using a glue pen to paint on the various colors of glitter.


Supplies needed:

  1. Sakura Glue Pen
  2. glitters
  3. Versa Mark ink pad
  4. tulips stamp
  5. white card stock
  6. Black embossing powder

Stamp the tulips on white card stock using Versa Mark clear ink.


Add black embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.


Color the stems and leaves with copic markers. Color in some areas of a tulip with the glue pen. You can see a little blue where the glue is on the far right tulip.


Sprinkle on the first color of glitter.  Here I used Frosted Carmine velvet glitter.


Now color in the rest of the tulip with the glue and add the second color of glitter. I used Purple Potion velvet glitter. You may end up with some white showing through, but you can go back and fill in with the glue pen and add more glitter.

   

Here is the end result.


I think this turned out real pretty, but I wanted a brighter look so I tried another set of tulips with the SNS regular glitters. On this piece I used Lemonade, Autumn MedleyPretty Princess and Impulsive Purple glitters. This is the piece I used on my card above.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope I inspired you to try this out! Have a great day!

April


9 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser, April! What an amazing look! I can hardly wait to do this technique. Shading is one of my favorite things to do! And what better thing to use than glitter! oh boy! I wanna do this! hugs, de

Anne Temple said...

This looks awesome. Love the idea.

Shona Erlenborn said...

So clever - I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for the tutorial April.

Karalee said...

I have got to try this out. Very pretty.

Michele Duffy said...

Your glitter 'painting' is fantastic!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Pearl Maple said...

great technique the colours really pop

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

What a stunning technique... and tulips are one of my absolute faves :) Beautiful card & great challenge!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, this turned out so beauiful. Love how you put two colours onto one tulip.

Blog Archive