Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, August 5, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Liquid Pearls and Cling Wrap

Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I was in Spain the month of July. It was a fun trip. I am back in the saddle again and ready to show some more techniques each Tuesday! Sparkle N Sprinkle is now carrying Liquid Pearls in so many delightful colors. I decided to show a technique using them for this Tuesday. You can click here to see all the fabulous colors.






Supplies needed:

  1. cling wrap
  2. any color Liquid Pearls -- I used Daffodil
  3. any color dye ink to compiment the Liquid Pearls
  4. sponge
  5. heat tool -- optional
  6. white or cream card stock
  7. craft sheet

Take the bottle of Liquid Pearls and squeeze some onto the craft sheet.






Wad up a piece of cling wrap and pounce it in the paint, then pounce it all over the card stock. You can either let the paint air dry or heat it a little to speed up the drying time. It dries pretty quickly on its own.







The next step is to take your ink pad -- I used green ink -- and sponge ink all over the card stock until it is covered. Take a tissue and rub off any excess ink. That's it! It makes a neat shimmery background.




Here are a few more backgrounds I made using different color combinations. Have fun coming up with your own!





Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:

  1. Liquid Pearls - Daffodil 
  2. Glisten embossing powder - EP135
  3. Teddy Brown embossing powder - EP187
  4. Dahlia stamp set 500

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun, fun, fun! I could do that!

Anne Temple said...

What a fun and easy technique. Love the way you colored the Dahlia.

Donna Ellis said...

Great technique and tutorial, April! I love the idea, and imagine the pearlescent is very noticeable! I enjoyed smooshing these with my fingers to create texture, but need to try the saram to save my skin LOL thank you! hugs, de

Brenda said...

I can see that I need some liquid pearls to try out! What a fun background...

Blog Archive