Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Split Panel Card

Hi Everyone! I want to show you a card I made using several techniques. This is a split panel card where I stamped Hero Arts A Real Wild Poppy stamp on one panel repeated times. I used a dot Stampin' Up stamp around the flowers. I used Versa Mark ink to stamp, added clear embossing powder and heat set it. I then sponged on Broken China, Bundled Sage and Tea Dye Distress inks. The embossing powder acted as a resist. I then cut the panel into three parts, made them different heights to add interest and added a brown border of card stock to each panel. I also dyed some seam binding to match the card. The butterflies were cut from patterned paper using Tim Holtz's Butterfly Frenzy die.




             Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a great day! God bless!


Challenges entered:

Hero Arts:  Fabulous Flowers
Scrapy Land:  Tie One On






8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I had to look at your description twice because compared, the tea dye ink looks so peach! It is very pretty. I like the split panel! I have not tried that often.

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty April. Love this idea and the little butterflies are the perfect finish.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card design, April, and such pretty techniques - I like that you cut the paper into 3 size panels! Thanks for sharing with us at the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Diane said...

Really lovely panels and card design April.

Hugs Diane

Conniecrafter said...

that is just beautiful, I so love this idea and design, great colors!!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the embossed poppies and cutting it into panels is brilliant! I love the color distress inks you used for the backgrounds on the panels! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Sue said...

So pretty, April. Colors are wonderful, and the technique looks amazing, including the panels cut at different heights. Just lovely.

Hugs
Sue

~amy~ said...

Love your pretty panels!
Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

Blog Archive