Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Spooky Scarecrow

Hi! I hope you are about ready for Halloween! I remember how much I anticipated Halloween when I was a child. One of my favorite costumes was Casper. Do you remember the friendly ghost? I also remember my last costume when I was 12 years old. My friend and I wore her parents' clowns outfits. I was taking my neighbor around with us also, who was about 8 years old at the time. We were in a very dark yard and we could not see at all! We got our candy and ran from the porch at full speed with me holding my neighbor's hand. It was so dark that we did not see the very big ditch ahead and fell right into it. Thankfully we were not hurt and we just lay there laughing so hard we could not get up. Those were fun times!

Here is another Halloween card I made using the new stamps from Just For Fun. I just love this Spooky Scarecrow.





I used the 3 + 1 Faux Post stamp and template and sponged purple, yellow and blue Distress inks through the template. The blue turned to a hazy green when blended which is what I wanted for a spooky night scene! I stamped and colored the scarecrow with my Zig watercolor pens, fussy cut the image and popped it to the card. I stamped the Crooked Old Tree through the stencil and stamped and embossed the Tiny Black Kat stamp using sparkly black embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Haunting!

April


Challenges entered:

Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Autumn
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a great Halloween story! I guess you were no worse for the wear. Great card, I really like it!

Conniecrafter said...

the background is very cool and that scarecrow is so spooky!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks for sharing your Halloween story - yes, those were the days, right? Loving the postage theme to this card. Would never have thought about doing that. Love the scarecrow!

Maura said...

What a great idea to break up the image into a postage stamp mosaic, April! That orange layer really makes it all pop! Thanks so much for joining us this week and sharing your creation at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

jenn shurkus said...

oooh i just love that scene in the postage stamps!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Blog Archive