Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Many Ways to Color #16 Paint Markers

 Hi and welcome back! I pulled out some paint markers that I bought at Target quite awhile ago. The paint is very thin and smooth. I thought that the paint would be a resist, so I swiped Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink over the red bird to make a blue background and Fossilized Amber Oxide ink over the blue bird, but the paint did not resist that well. But since these were paint pens, I was able to paint the birds again so that they really showed up.

I found some fun backgrounds in my stash to add the birds onto. The background with the red bird was made by taking out the cap with the long tube on it from some inks sprays and using the tube to make circles on the already wet watercolor paper. The blue bird's background was made by stamping a background stamp onto black card stock using White Brilliance ink.


Stamps:  Tim Holtz Bird Crazy - Ranger
       Background: Circular Design - Penny Black
Saying:  Sparkle N Sprinkle

Die:  Stitched Circle - Gina Marie
Distress Sprays -  Ranger
Paint Markers - Hand Made Modern

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Bright and Cheerful
We Love Stamping:  Masculine
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #609 - 610



4 comments:

brenda said...

Colourful and fun using the quirky birds, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping chalenge.

B x

Conniecrafter said...

Fun backgrounds to go with your crazy birds!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both very cute and full of fun. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Cute cards. I love Tim's birds. Your watercoloring worked out to my eyes. Beautiful work.

Blog Archive