Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

E is for Embossing Powder

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am showing a card today for my alphabet series and today the letter is E. On this card I used embossing powder. Embossing powder is what got me into the stamping world many years ago. When I saw the powder magically change when heated, I was hooked! I must say that I have not used embossing powder for a long time now. I found some marbling embossing powder in my stash and decided to "paint" the flower with it. I used a Versa Marker to color in the areas of the flower, added the embossing powder over it and heat set it. You can see some of the marbling on both the petals and leaf.


Stamp:  Radiant - Penny Black
Embossing Powders:  Sienna Star, Marbeld Turnip, Marbled Squash - Sparkle N Sprinkle
Patterened Paper:  Perch - Momenta
Sequins:  Catherine Pooler

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes 2410
We Love Stamping:  Feminine
Stamping Sensations:  Spring

4 comments:

brenda said...

I know exactly what you mean about EP, back in the day we always used to use it and seems so few do these days. Loving the vintage feel to your pretty card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Chris said...

This is fabulous, love the stamp, the embossing is very effective, never thought to use EP to colour the image, it looks great. thank you for the inspiration.
Thank you also for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.
Chris
x

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool technique, I don't know that I have used my embossing powder in that way, beautiful results from it! Love the torn background paper you stamped it on!

R's box of dreams said...

Beautiful! I love the vintage look of it.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.

Hugs,
Renata

Blog Archive