Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Altered Dies #6

Hi and welcome back to Altered Dies #6! I have had so much fun with these altered dies. I do not have a hot air balloon die so I looked through my dies to see how I could make one. Here are the steps below.




I started with these 2 dies -- Spellbinders Birdcage 1 and the smallest Fleur de Lis Rectangle.





I snipped off the top of the birdcage with scissors.




I wanted the "basket" of the balloon to have more texture like a basket so I used the Spellbinders die Raindrops On Roses made for Heartfelt Creations.




I used glue stick to glue the die over the rectangle so that I could cut around it easily.







Here is a close up of the card to see the texture on the basket better.





I hope you enjoyed seeing how I made this hot air balloon. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful and blessed day!

Challenges entered:

Our Crafty Corner:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Cute and Cuddly

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Brilliant idea! I love to see dies used for other than the obvious. |Unfortunately I have no imagination since the accident so have to rely on Pinterest to inspire me.
You have made a brilliant hot air balloon!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cute April! Love your use of the dies to create your hot air balloon with the cute little kitty. The background and those butterflies are great too!

Virginia L. said...

Darling card! You are VERY creative with the embossing folder and die! The hanging basket is ingenious! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Cute and Cuddly” Challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! You are the queen of altered dies, April! I always love the way you incorporate your fun imagination with the products in your stash! Your kitty in a hot air balloon is adorable! Thank you for showing how you created each part! And now for my other hat: Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Sheila Rose said...

Love the hot air balloon!

Denitsa Andreeva said...

WOW, it's adorable. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Our Crafty Corner.

Deni Xx

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I am so enjoying seeing what you will come up with next, this is so clever turned out wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea love it. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT

Blog Archive