Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rustic Bunny

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my blog. I want to share a tag I made using a Sizzix bunny die. At first I was going to use the negative cut of the bunny but to me it looked like a warped mushroom! LOL! So instead I used the cut out of him. I cut him from a cardboard lid, peeled off some of the top layer to show some ridges. I swiped over the ridges using a Distress Black Soot ink pad. I also sprayed some Pewter Distress ink on him. Last I used Tim Holtz Speckles stencil to add some spots to the bunny. I made the background using Tim Holtz Alteration Collection dies and following this technique here. I added butterflies to the tag using Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy dies.





Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!


Challenges entered:

Love 2 Create:  Challenge #5
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Make Your Own Background
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016:  March

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love that you used the bunny instead of the negative. I looked at the technique and saw what you meant! Very unique April. Lots of texture on your little bunny and the butterflies and flowers are so sweet.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This tag has so much great texture! I also like the bright spring colors offset by the rustic looking bunny! Very nice!

Marty F said...

Just adorable, love it!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my he is just adorable, such great techniques you used, LOVE it!

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag, love the background and the colours are lush. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Catherine said...

This is such an adorable tag, April! The bunny is so cute holding the flower and the bright and colorful background is so cheerful. Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie <3

Lucy said...

I love the bunny, great idea to use the bunny itself rather than the negative. There have been some wonderfully creative tags this month.

Blog Archive