Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Altered Dies #5

Welcome back to another altered die project. Easter will soon be here and it is time to think about those Easter bonnets! When I was growing up my mother, her friends and I wore Easter hats to church on Easter Sunday. Do you remember those days? I am showing my age. LOL! Here is my altered die card with an Easter bonnet.




I started with the Rose Basket Marianne Die.




To make the basket look more like a bonnet, I added back in the little pieces that were cut out! Boy THAT was fun! LOL! I then taped the back so that they would stay in. Then I cut off the handle and decorated it with little die cut flowers and a bow!




The second die I used was the Memory Box Small Alder Tree. 




I snipped off a few pieces here and there to make it look more like a branch for my bird.




Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful and blessed day!


Challenges entered:

Artistic Stamper:  Springtime
Scrapy Land:  Anything Goes














9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So creative April! Love that Easter Bonnet with the cute little flowers - adorable on your awesome little chick!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

April, that makes the perfect little hat for your birdie! So adorable! The music background is great too.

Conniecrafter said...

I am enjoying seeing what you come up with next on your altered dies, this is such a cute idea, and yes I remember those days ;)

Kathy Krug said...

What a cute chick and love how you used your basket die. So very creative. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge Blog.

Donna Ellis said...

Those hat days were so special, weren't they, April? I think if they did not block the people's view behind us, many of us would still wear them LOL Let's face it, hats are fun! Your little peeper is adorable in her Easter hat! Love how you made the hat! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I remember those days of Easter Hats and Easter Dresses and I kind of miss them! I love how you turned the basket into an Easter Bonnet on that adorable Easter Chick! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

How cute is that. Love the way you used Dina Wakley bird and dies on your card.
Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Stamper this month

Samra said...

What a fun card!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrapy Land!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

maria f. said...

Wonderfully done!

Blog Archive