Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, August 24, 2018

Summer Sizzle

Hi Everyone! I want to show you a card I made using a Just For Fun stamp. I know everyone has been sweltering from the heat. I have made a card to go along with that. The theme for the Just For Fun challenge this month is stripes, so I made this card using stripes from the sun beams.


To make the background I "stamped" using an embossing folder. I swiped yellow and orange colored ink pads over the raised part of the embossing folder, spritzed lightly with water, placed my card stock over the inked part, closed the embossing folder and pressed it firmly with my hand. Over the background I stamped the Wind Swept Palms Silhouette stamp. Sequins were added on the top half of the card.

You still have a few days to join in the challenge. We would love to see your project using stripes.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Keep cool and have a great day!

Challenges entered:

The House That Stamps Built:  Anything Goes A2218
Time Out:  Bright

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love this April - thanks for the inspiration. Great idea with the sun rays.

Donna Ellis said...

Love your colorful, sunny creation! Beautiful!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . this is fabulous!!! Love the awesome background and you are right, this is perfect for the heat of summer. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, that technique worked great with this embossing folder and perfect stamp to go with it

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful sunny card! Love te colours and that you used an embossingfolder; it is a great technique! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Joyce said...

Perfect card for summer. Love those palm trees and the warm color scheme. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Esther Asbury said...

Ooooo, I love that background!! Super cool! Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Blog Archive