Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Alcohol Ink Lift

Hi and welcome to my blog! I have been experimenting with the alcohol ink lift technique and I love the look! On this card I used Yupo paper and did the polished stone technique first using alcohol inks. I made my own "lift" ink to lift off the alcohol inks already applied. I found an old Versa Mark ink pad and spritzed it with 91% alcohol and it worked great! I took the butterfly stamp (stamp unknown) and tapped it a few times onto the ink pad and then stamped it on my alcohol background. The ink lifted off the alcohol ink colors and left the butterfly impression. I also used a stencil at the bottom of the piece and sponged the ink over it. This also lifted off the colors to leave the stencil impression.


I added a blue velvet ribbon across the card. I used the Fancy Frame Tag die from Spellbinders, cut it in half and adhered the pieces on either side of the card. Silk flowers and punched leaves were also added. I used a Stampin' Up splatter stamp on the card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

August Essentials Challenge: Alcohol Inks
ModSquad: Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that worked wonderfully, I so love the colors you used on your background, and the layering of the flower too, Terrific!

Marge said...

Your alcohol ink work is tremendous, April! I love all about this card including the color, pattern, layout and embellishment.
Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge
××

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You are a genius. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive