Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, September 10, 2018

Shabby Chic #17

Hi and welcome to my blog. Today I am sharing another shabby chic card I made using a watercolored background that I made using a stencil. I patted Distress ink pads right onto the stencil, spritzed the stencil with water, laid the stencil down on watercolor paper and pressed firmly with my hand. I also sponged on some green colors through the stencil. The result was a lovley watercolor look with the imprint of the stencil!


I added an unbranded die birdcage to the background cutting it from glossy gold card stock. I stamped the cute bird by Magenta to the side of the cage and added the birthday saying by Our Daily Bread stamps. The frame is by Ellentina and the decorative edges were cut from the top and bottom of the Botanical Frame die by Memory Box!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!





3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

That is just gorgeous, love that background and pretty framing of the whole card, sweet little bird and cage, pretty bow with the flower to top it off!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another gorgeous make April. I love your pastel stenciled background and that little bird is adorable.

Sue said...

Love the background and lovely frame for this little scene with the bird outside the bircage.

Hugs
Sue

Blog Archive