Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Warming Up!

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope that you are enjoying the Christmas season. It has been unusually cold here in the South for this time of year. I made a card with this cute little mousie warming IN a cup of cocoa! LOL! I have been enjoying my cups of cocoa lately.


I used the Gina Marie dotted die for the background and cut it using metallic blue card stock. I stamped the image, colored it with alcohol markers and fussy cut it. I used the stem of a flower die for the "steam" in the cup. The white bottom portion of the card was run through a snowflake die. The greenery is a Gina Marie die cut from green card stock. I splattered white acrylic paint over the greenery and cup for snow. I made "marshmallows" using 4 pop dots and adding white sparkle flocking to them. You can see one marshmallow in the cup and 3 on the greenery.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and warm day!

Challenges entered:

House Mouse and Friends:  Anything Goes - Option Something Warm
                         2 crafty Critter Crazies:  Anything Goes #21
                         Tuesday Throwndown: Anything Goes #420

7 comments:

Sue said...

April what a beautiful card. Love the Gina dies and the blue metallic paper is perfect for the background. The sweet little mouse in the cup will surely be warm sitting in a warm drink!! Thanks for joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and sharing your work with us.

Hugs
Sue

Shona Erlenborn said...

So cute! This little guy and the marshmallows - what a sweet combo!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very creative April! I love your little mouse and especially the marshmallow!

Bunny said...

I love the way you made the steam. This is such a cute card and I love the image. I, too, have been enjoying some hot chocolate already. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Conniecrafter said...

awww, too cute, I love that die for a background, so creative with the flower stems for the steam, so sweet!

Christine said...

Hi April super sweet adorable image, love the background & your super colouring, great red/green happy crimbo colours..super take on the option theme.
Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & friends Mon chall.

mousey hugs Christine xx

Helen said...

Such a cute design and a great card layout.

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we hope to see you again in 2019!

Helen x
DT Member

Blog Archive