Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Butterfly Birthday Card

Hi and welcome to my blog. I love playing with all kinds of stamping techniques and I used a few of them on my card today. 



The background was made by thinly applying glue here and there on the white card stock. When the glue dried I sponged various colors of Distress inks over the whole card stock and the glue acted as a resist. I then stamped a script stamp on the background on the right side. I stamped and heat embossed the butterfly using purple embossing powder. I also added a little copper embossing powder too. At the bottom I stamped a swirl stamp and used copper and a chunky bits embossing powder and heat set it. 

Stamps:  Butterfly Kisses - BoBunny
               Swirl - Inkadinkado
               Italian Poetry Background - Hero Arts (script stamp)

Embossing Powders:  Concord - Sparkle N Sprinkle
                                 Encrusted Jewels - Stampendous

Inks:  Seedles Preserves, Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs - Ranger

Thanks so much for stopping by. I want to enter this card into the ModSqad Challenge - Birthday Butterflies and Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes #531 - 532

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, April. I always enjoy your wonderful creativity, and I thank you for sharing in our challenge. Please stop by again soon, and have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous mixed media piece, fantastic background and I love the copper embossing on the bottom!

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous card! I love the BG and that chunky embossing at the bottom really stands out. Gorgeous!

Blog Archive