Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Gilded Emboss

Hi and welcome to my blog. I love trying out new techniques and discovered this one recently. 


First I sponged on 2 colors of Oxide inks and then flicked water across the background with a water brush. Next I took a 3D embossing folder and inked up the raised areas with Versa Mark ink. I placed the inked card stock face down onto the raised part of the embossing folder and ran it through my machine. I then added gold embossing powder where it stuck to the inked area and heat set the powder. This gave a pretty gilded look! The butterfly was stamped on some shimmery inked card stock and fussy cut. 

I am entering this card into the Simon Says Emboss It challenge and Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenge #2206 - Anything Goes.

Stamp:  Butterfly Kisses - BoBunny
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix
Oxide Inks:  Mustard Seed and Kitsch Pink

Thanks so much  for stopping by. Have a great week!


3 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty. The colour combination of yellow and pretty pink is so refreshing at this dull time of year. Nice embossing.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is beautiful, such a neat technique and it is so pretty against your inked background!

Terri Winske said...

Your card is beautiful, and I'm so happy you provided instructions for the gilded technique....I'd love to try it! I like the colors you chose and the embossed image as well. It's a pretty, pretty card, and I'm so happy you chose to share it with us at PIP Challenges!! Thank you!

Blog Archive