Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

My Two Favorite Things

Hi and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a happy Holiday Season. What better way to start off the New Year making a card with my two favorite things - cats and birds! Over at the Inspiration Station challenge they are showing a photo to inspire you each month. Here is the picture for this month.


Since these are my two favorite things I made my card to go along with the picture. I have three cats and they love looking out the window at the birds at my bird feeders.


At the Double Trouble challenge the option is to use a stencil. I stenciled the branch and then used some ink to lightly color in the leaves.

Stencil:  Branch - Unknown
Stamps:  Bird - Illustration of Faith
Cat - Lost Coast Designs
Die:  Window - Memory Box
Paper:  Coastal Couture - DCWV
Distress Inks
Archival Inks

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I wish you all a very Happy and Blessed New Year!

Challenges entered:

Inspiration Station:  Inspiration Photo


9 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

I had to laugh because right now that is exactly what my cats are doing at this very minute :) Cute starry cat and sweet birdy!

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this is a great card and a perfect match to the inspiration photo! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs this month.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
coming soon - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Melanie R said...

So cute, April! My cat spends hours on the windowsills. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #128.

Mrs A. said...

My cats used to love sitting on the window ledge looking out onto the garden so your card brought back happy memories for me. Wishing you a Happy New Year. hugs Mrs A.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love this scene you created, as a cat owner this is like one of the many photos taken of my cat. So glad you used Twisted Sister optional twist using a stencil. Thank you for sharing your cute card with us at Double Trouble and getting your inspiration from Inspiration Station.

Donna Scholz said...

April, what a clever interpretation of the inspiration photo! You even used a stencil for our Double Trouble optional part of the challenge!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us for our first challenge of 2023!!! -Donna

Kathy said...

loving your card, such a great take on the photo. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month. Smiles, Kathy

Kellianne said...

What a cute card inspired by that photo! I love cats and birds too - of course not together lol. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Double Trouble :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Look at you go! April your card couldn't be any closer to the inspiration photo. I like the tree and bird outside and the paper used on the cat.

Blog Archive