Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Technique and Fun Fold Card

Hi and welcome to my blog. I have a fun fold card to show you today and a technique I have been enjoying lately. I did this technique many years ago, but I have recently seen it, so I tried it again. First you stamp the image, color in the whole image using a white colored pencil and then sponge colors over it. Wipe off the excess ink on the image with a paper towel. The white pencil acts as a resist. I like the artsy effect of this technique. I am not one who likes to color a lot either, so this is a good way to color without me having to think about blending colors, etc.


Stamps:  Pretty Perch - Penny Black
               Sayings - Birthday Wish - Stampendous
Distress Inks:  Shaded Lilac and Kitsch Pink

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges.

Double D:  Birds
Penny Black:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes



4 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh April, this is so, so pretty! LOVE the fancy fold and the technique is awesome! Is that embossing I see on the inside? if so, don't forget we have an embossing folder challenge blog also ... called Can You Handle the Pressure. A new challenge begins there tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know this for future reference.

Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Conniecrafter said...

It sure was a neat design and like how you can control where the highlights to the stamp may be. Neat idea to use an emboss piece on the inside!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love how your bird stamp looks using this technique! A really beautiful card overall!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Blog Archive