Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Many Ways to Color #3

It is time to show another card in my Many Ways to Color series. To color these flowers I used 2 colors of Tombow markers ( coral and red ) and colored directly on the flowers stamp. I spritzed the stamp a few times with water and stamped on glossy card stock. This works well on matte card stock too. I like this method of coloring because you can use many colors on the stamp - for example if there were leaves on the stems, I could have colored them green with my markers. When using just a stamp pad it would be hard to use different colors. Also this gives the stamps a watercolor look. I have a sample in the second picture where I colored the flowers in different colors using this method. These were stamped on matte card stock.



Stamp:  Poppy Field - Rubbernecker
             Saying - Summer Blooms stamp set - Rubbernecker
Frame - Free Hand Drawing
Tombow Markers


Stamp:  Poppy Fields - Rubbernecker
             Saying - Gina K
Stencil: Love & Cherish - Photo Play
Dies:     Stitched Rectangles - No Brand
Distress Markers

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!   

Challenges entered:

Pammies Inky Pinkies:  Anything Goes 2305


 

2 comments:

BethStamps said...

Nice cards. They look completely different. I never thought to spray on glossy cardstock the way you did. The red looks just like a watercolour.

Conniecrafter said...

They are both just gorgeous, I love your frame you made for the first one, I don't know if I have ever done that technique on glossy, I know I have done it on regular cardstock. I love the softness to the second card too, with the colors in the flowers and the stenciled background!

Blog Archive