Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Stencil Fun

Hi and welcome to my blog! I love using stencils on my cards. At Simon Says Wednesday challenge the challenge is called Stencil Fun. I had a lot of fun stenciling on this card. I used a flower stem stencil. First I used the smoosh technique to color the card stock using blue and green Distress inks. After the background dried, I laid the flower stem stencil over it and wiped through the stencil with a baby wipe to lift off some color. After that dried I went back, laid the stencil down again and sponged on some purple Distress ink. I love the look that this technique gave.


Stamp:  New Day Butterflies stamp and die set - Hero Arts
Saying:  Sweet Celebrations - Bo Bunny
Stencil:  Flower Stem - Penny Black
Distress Inks: Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, Broken China - Ranger

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Chalenge: Stencil Fun


2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness it is just gorgeous, I love the soft misty look it gave to it, pretty butterfly to go with it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Too funny. I went to visit your blog early this morning. I usually click on your name from another blog, but it wouldn't let me see any details and wouldn't let me visit your blog. So, I'm bookmarking it.

Your artistic card design is so beautiful. I love all the layering, distressing and stamping. It looks like early morning with the butterfly flying through the morning mist.

Blog Archive