Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Old Fashioned Santa

I made this card for the November challenge over at Stamp Haven. We were to use the cracked glass technique. I have seen this technique quite a bit, but I have never actually tried it, so it was fun to work with this technique that was new to me! It was easy and it turned out well I think. I stamped a Tim Holtz Santa using Fired Brick Distress ink. I then used a clear Versa Mark ink pad and tapped the pad all over the stamped image and covered it with clear embossing powder and heated it. I did this same step 3 other times. I let the image cool and then bent back the card stock and this made the layers of EP crack to look like cracked glass. I then rubbed  a Walnut Distress ink pad over the cracked glass several times and wiped over it with a tissue.  This brought out the cracked places in the piece. I used a swirled snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder on the green card base and rubbed over the embossed areas with a darker green ink pad. The reindeer is a cuttlebug die cut.

3 comments:

Edith said...

Hi April, I love the style of your cards and I love the colors you use on this one, in particular:)
Hugs, Edith

Bonnie McLain said...

Love this card April.... the colors, the techniques and the theme are all GREAT.... the way you tucked in the holly is super... Great card... although I have to day that most of your cards are great anyway... Have a fun day...

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome card! Love the Santa in red and your cracked glass turned out amazing!

Blog Archive