Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Red, White and Blue

Hello! I hope you are keeping cool in this sweltering heat! I had to walk somewhere at 10:30 this morning and it felt like a 100 degrees already!! It is getting close to July 4th! I can't believe it is right around the corner. I am entering this card in the Impression Obsession challenge -- Red, White and Blue and also in Top Tip Tuesday's challenge -- Stars and Stripes. I used the Impression Obsession Porch with Flag stamp E1726. My tip is this -- to give the card a little more emphasis, I used Flower Soft on the flowers by the porch and used my distress tool around the oval, then sponged blue ink on it. Thanks for dropping by. Have a good day!


11 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, April!! I really like the FS and all! The way you did your bow is fun too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing!!

Elaine Stark said...

A perfect card to July 4th and a great tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm a military wife and I just have to say, this card is WONDERFUL!! I love your cozy little house flying a flag and those wonderful flowers with flower soft. You have certainly met the challenge criteria perfectly.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Super patriotic card and I love the tips too! I've never used Flower Soft but I'd like to give it a try. TFS!
I'm at TTC at TTT!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card LOVE the way you have done the twine too! Glad you could play along with us for our Stars and Stripes challenge, Don't forget to visit other Top Tippers leaving them a comment stating you are a Top Tip Collector (TTC) and thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time, hugs hugs Samantha :0)

Annette said...

Lovely card, I love those circles on the left.

Annette
Netty's Cards
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge DT
xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Ah - great reminder to pull out my flower soft - I forgot just how lovely it is on flowers, Elizabeth (Top Tip collector)

Caroljenks said...

What a beautiful card - Love the effect with the Flower Soft - great Top Tip :)

Thanks for joining in over at Top Tip Tuesday and don't forget to comment on other Top Tippers (stating you are a TTT Tip Collector) and you could win one of our surprise goodie bags!

Carol x

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the embellishments too.

Craftyfield said...

The addition of the flower soft is just the icing on the cake, giving more texture and depth to an already lovely card.

Bettina L. said...

Fabolous stars and stripes challenge. Love the use of twine, star and glitter. Love the design too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

Blog Archive