Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, December 3, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Snowy Background





Welcome back to Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday!  I hope you are enjoying your day.  I want to show you a technique that makes a wonderful snowy background for your Christmas cards.




Supplies needed:
  1. super thick embossing powder
  2. sponges
  3. white card stock
  4. pink and blue inks or other colors
  5. heat gun
  6. paper towel
  7. Versa Mark ink pad
First pat the Versa Mark ink all over the white card stock.


Sparingly sprinkle on the super thick embossing powder.


Heat set the embossing powder,  heating the piece from the underside. This way the embossing powder will not blow off the card. You will see little bubbles of melted powder when you are finished.


Take your sponge, starting with the lightest color,  and randomly sponge over the melted embossing powder and then do the same with the second color.


Take the paper towel and rub over the piece to get any excess ink off the embossing powder. Now you have a snowy background for your card.



This is really easy and it looks great! I love easy!  I hope you give this a go. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle Supplies used:
  1. Versa Mark ink pad 99702
  2. Cerulean Star embossing powder EP433
  3. Poinsettia Ornament 3339-418E
  4. Merry Christmas 2     3378-418AA
  5. Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments dies SB100

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Makes it look like shimmer sheetz!!! Awesome - can't wait to try it out!

Anne Temple said...

Love this idea and the colors you used for your card are gorgeous.

Donna Ellis said...

I love love LOVE this technique! And your final masterpiece is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love the softness of the background...what a neat technique! Pretty snowflakes.

Blog Archive