Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Celebrate

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful July 4th. I celebrated with friends, food and fireworks! I want to share a tag I made remembering the 4th. We are so blessed here in America so we should celebrate our freedoms and remember those who have and are fighting to keep them.




I used this beautiful eagle from Sparkle N Sprinkle, stamped and colored him and then swiped MicroGlaze over the top of him. I then water colored over the top using Distress ink - Faded Jeans. The MicroGlaze acts as a resist and gave the look of weathered wood. The background is a piece of script patterned paper.




The word charm was a dark slate color, so I used my Sharpies to make it a gold color and to enhance the word by using a red Sharpie.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and God bless!


Challenges entered:


Mod Squad:  Patterned Paper
The Artistic Stamper:  Tags


8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wow, your tag looks amazing April! Love that eagle.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous April. Love that eagle stamp! The colors are so pretty - love how the resist worked too.

scrappymo! said...

This is beautiful! The microglaze technique worked great...
The eagle looks real and the inking is perfect!

scrappymo! said...

This is beautiful! The microglaze technique worked great...
The eagle looks real and the inking is perfect!

Joyce Erb said...

Awesome tag! Love the torn paper. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

wonderful tag, April.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Great tag ! your colors are amazing !
thanks for joining us at the Artistic Stamper

Jannet said...

It's a bit late but Happy 4th of July! Your tag is lovely. I have not heard of micro glaze before I will look it up as it looks so good.

Blog Archive