Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Oldies Technique #13 -- Colored Pencil Shadow

Hi and welcome to my blog. I have had such fun revisiting Oldies techniques this year. I have another one to show you. It is called colored pencil shadow. You can also do this technique with chalks but I find that I make a big mess using chalks and I can get into smaller spaces using pencils. The effect is about the same with both, maybe the chalks giving a softer look.







Supplies needed:

black or dark card stock
white pigment ink
solid stamp
colored pencils


Ink up your stamp with the white pigment ink and stamp it on the black card stock. You will need to let the ink dry a bit or dry it with your heat tool.


Start coloring in areas of the image with your pencils.



Keep coloring until the image is completely colored. You will see a white "shadow" around the image. 


Not only can you do this technique on dark card stock, but here are two that I did on kraft card stock.








This is so easy and looks neat! I hope you have fun with this technique. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


Challenges entered: 

Paper Take Weekly:  Don't Be Square
Scrapy Land:  Vintage/Steampunk
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes





11 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks for the reminder of such a fun old technique April. It really does look cool!

scrappymo! said...

Great technique, April. I will give this a try as I like the finished effect.
PS I think my fave is the last one!

Lori Kobular said...

I love this technique and I have never tried, but I am going to now thanks to your tutorial! Your card looks amazing and I love the butterfly on the the black paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #22!

Donna Ellis said...

Great technique and tutorial, April! Thanks for reminding me of it! XO

Anonymous said...

This is just so lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very nice! I love the look on kraft paper!

Anne Temple said...

This is a gorgeous technique April. I'll definitely have to try it soon. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too.

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your technique and thanks for sharing it with us. Your butterfly is stunning.
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land challenge. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog

Daria said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for the detailed instructions.

Beth Norman said...

Great technique. Your butterfly really pops.
Canadian, eh

Beth Norman said...

I took part in your challenge and will post it on Tuesday as I just did a card and linked up your tutorial on my blog that is set for Tuesday. Thanks for the inspiration. I have three more images stamped out in white waiting to be coloured.

Blog Archive