Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

Hi Everyone! Happy Independence Day! This weekend we will be celebrating our country's independence. Among all the fun activities let us remember to thank those who have fought for our freedom and remember those who have paid the ultimate price with their lives. We live in a great country and may we pray that it will stay that way. God bless America!






I found this star svg and thought I would use it to make a patriotic card. The star is backed with white card stock that was embossed with Sparkle embossing powder by Sparkle N Sprinkle. I added the free standing stars by cutting thin strips of acetate and gluing star confetti to them. I also added some curled streamers using wrapping paper ribbon. The white background was made by using a chevron embossing folder.




Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful and safe 4th!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Crafty Creations:  Anything Goes #318




2 comments:

E. Marie said...

April, this is a great card. Love how your star opens to reveal the inside and adding the free standing stars with acetate strips is such a great idea. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Jingle said...

What a great design! I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Blog Archive