Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Altered Dies #13

Hi Everyone and welcome to my blog! I was so happy when I learned I had been chosen as a guest designer for Word Art Wednesday for the month of July. What a wonderful privilege!





I have always loved this beautiful verse about peace that is being showcased here this week. There are quite a few verses in God's Word that tell about peace. When Jesus was born the angels said "peace on earth goodwill toward men." Later it is written that God gives peace that passes all understanding, even when we live in a stormy world! AND that is a peace He gives deep in our souls and only He can give it!

I decided to use a beautiful peacock stamp from Inkadinkado. I must have peacocks on the brain because I saw some beautiful ones when I went to Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC while visiting my son a few weeks ago. This one was really showing off for us and I was happy to get his picture!




I have been making the altered die cards on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month. This is a day early but I altered some leaf dies from Sue Wilson and used them as feathers on the peacock! His body was glittered using Sparkle N Sprinkle Olaf White glitter. The frame for the card is a Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 die layered on a Labels 8 die cut from blue card stock. The Lace Corner is a Cheery Lynn die.







Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Challenges entered:

Really Reasonable Ribbon:  Summer Flowers
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Red/White and/or Blue
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes



9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card, April! I love the clean white base for your verse and the peacock is so luxurious with all those leaf feathers with glitter!

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats on being the guest designer, how exciting!! Love what you did with these feather for the peacock, too cool! Oh how we need God's peace in our country right now!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a gorgeous sentiment and you have showcased it beautifully with the elegant peacock and the bouquet of flowers.

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love how you layered the peacock feathers from the die. Super idea!! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge - Chris, SNS DT

Catherine said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the peacock and all it's beautiful feathers. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh April: I just fell in love with this card from the moment I first saw it. Thanks so much for Guest Designing for me this month. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our Summer Flowers Challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Debbie Adams said...

Wow, very elegant card you created with the peacock image and the paper feathers is just gorgeous. I also like bow with the flowers is pretty. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.
Deborah DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is stunning! Love those cascading peacock feathers! Thanks for joining the fun at the Summer Flowers Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Anne Temple said...

Stunning! I love how is tail looks. Congrats on your guest dt too!

Blog Archive